OTRS on Ubuntu 6.10 LAMP server

Steve Flynn anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 14:02:57 UTC 2007

On 06/02/07, Bjørn Ingmar Berg <bjorn.ingmar.berg at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have googled quite a bit looking for howtos on getting OTRS
> > installed and up and running.  So far I've found that a few people
> > have tried and gotten problems with it.  But as yet no howto beyond
> > apt-getting the package itself.
>
> Is there really nobody with any advice on this?  I've been fiddling a
> bit with the server, but so far I haven't figured it out on my own.

I presume OTRS is the Open Ticket Request System.

You say you have the "server" (which I presume you mean web server i.e.
Apache) working and returning information but then you go on to imply that
you're unsure on how to proceed. Have you tried the OTRS mailing list or
even just http://doc.otrs.org/2.1/en/html/c238.html which would seem to
cover the installation via rpm and deb. Perhaps you're aware of these pages
and hit some other problems - in that case I'd suggest you definitely need
to get onto the OTRS mailing list where interested parties hang out, no
doubt.

Other than that, can you be more specific on what your issues actually are?

--
Steve
Despair - It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black...