Anyone used mtftar? (converting Windows .bkf backup files to .tar)

Adam Funk a24061 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 6 11:16:58 UTC 2007

On 2007-01-20, Adam Funk wrote:

> I've been looking for a utility to unpack Windows backup (*.bkf) files
> on GNU/Linux, and the only thing I've found is mtftar from
>   http://gpl.internetconnection.net/
> but it doesn't unpack into enough levels.

I contacted internetconnection.net and the developer very helpfully
looked into this.  The program had been tested on backup files from
Windows NT and 2000 Advanced Server but he discovered a discrepancy
with the files I had (from 2000 not "server"), and fixed it.  The
current version (now on that website) correctly handles the backup
files I'm working with.