"Laptop lid closed, blanking screen"

Steve Lamb grey at dmiyu.org
Tue Feb 6 10:07:21 UTC 2007

    Anyone know what program in KUbuntu detects the laptop lid being closed
and blanks the screen?  It is quite helpful in that it does tell me it is
doing it.  Problem is that it does it every time I log into KDE.  See, my
laptop is docked.  Almost 99.9% of the time it is in the dock.  With the lid
closed.  Because I have a nice 19" CRT hooked into the dock.  And since the
dock is designed with a monitor stand the lid is closed.  As you can imagine
this is quite frustrating.  :(