wired and wireless internet

MICHAEL WEAVER michaelweaver1 at btinternet.com
Tue Feb 6 03:46:54 UTC 2007

I have a question about wired and wireless Internet connections in
Ubuntu Edgy.
Last night, I asked someone at my Linux group to set my laptop up so I
could use both my network card and my broadband connection at home as I
use wireless Internet at Voxbar where my Linux group meets but use wired
Broadband MODEM at home.
He told me he could set me up without using Gnome Network Manager,
saying the application could be a bit difficult to use via the
connection settings in Edgy but I have just had a thought.
Both my usernames and passwords are different both when logging in using
Vox's Wireless Network and my BT account at home.
If I connect my wired Broadband MODEM up to my laptop at home, which
account information do I need to supply to get connected, my Login
details which I use for Linux at Vox bar or will my BT username and
password work when my wired connection is being used?
Do I for example when doing a sudo apt-get update use my Linux username
and password or the account details I chose for BT?
I want to make sure I don't get locked out of my BT account.