manual partition table

Felipe Figueiredo philsf at ufrj.br
Mon Feb 5 21:14:10 UTC 2007

On Monday 05 February 2007 18:15:20 Erik Schmidt wrote:
> well, it might be easier if I tell you what I'm trying to do
>
> I installed ubuntu onto a ten gb partition, I want those ten gb back
> on my main file system, the file system on which I am running mac osx
>
> is this possible to do?  or am I stuck with ubuntu?

You are never stuck with anything you don´t want.

Check if your MacOS supports LVM. If it does, as you are about to make a full
backup of this HD (you KNOW you are supposed to, don´t you?) I suggest you
take this oportunity to implement it.

Otherwise, you could use the separate partition mounted as a dir, does that
suit your needs?

The third option I can think of was already described in this thread, so...

regards
FF