Video Card Config

John M. Moniz john.moniz at sympatico.ca
Mon Feb 5 15:38:09 UTC 2007

I changed the video card on a Ubuntu box and now the X server won't come
up. Is there a utility that will facilitate a configuration change to
the graphics card set up? Something that will get Ubuntu to recognize
the new card as it does at installation?

Through much searching I found 'Xorg -configuration' (I think that's it)
which has to be run at level 0, mut it didn't do the trick. This card is
definitely a compatible linux card as it came from a working Mandriva box.

Thanks,

John.