SELinux works like a charm in Ubuntu!

Gabriel Dragffy dragffy at yandex.ru
Sun Feb 4 02:14:15 UTC 2007

Luis wrote:

> Which bothers me a lot about Debian. Why hasn't debian supported SELinux
> as well as the Fedoras have? I understand the "laid-back" approach of
> the DDs, but SELinux is mature and good enough to use now, especially on
> a desktop system, where things won't be breaking as often as on a server.

I remember reading something quite a long time ago. IIRC it was an
on-going discussion between the devs of Ubuntu or Debian (don't remember
which), they were discussing the relative merits of SELinux and
AppArmor, saying that both had their problems and they would like to
find a more comprehensive solution before integrating extra security
precautions like SE or AppArmor... Fedora kept plugging away at SELinux
and I think that it's now doing a decent job, and it's easy enough to
alter the policy or turn it off completely (to aid in trouble-shooting).