apt: 'BROKEN package'

Severin Schoepke severin.schoepke at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 07:41:18 UTC 2007

Hi again,

Mario Vukelic schrieb:
> Try to prepend LANGUAGE=en_US:en before the command line to receive
> english output.
> This sets English for just this one command, and I'm sure more people
> would be able and willing to help.

Didn't know that, thanks for the tip! So here is the english output:

schoepke at schoepke-laptop:~$ LANGUAGE=en_US:en sudo apt-get install
nautilus-dbgsym
Password:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  nautilus-dbgsym: Depends: nautilus (= 2.16.1-0ubuntu3) but
2.16.1-0ubuntu3.1 is to be installed
E: Broken packages
schoepke at schoepke-laptop:~$ LANGUAGE=en_US:en sudo apt-get install -f
nautilus-dbgsym
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  nautilus-dbgsym: Depends: nautilus (= 2.16.1-0ubuntu3) but
2.16.1-0ubuntu3.1 is to be installed
E: Broken packages
schoepke at schoepke-laptop:~$

As you can see, the -f option makes no difference... Where could the
problem lie? Is something wrong with the repo? Or is it a fault on my side?

cheers, Severin