Problem with firefox URGENT

Rajat a.rajat at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 21:57:00 UTC 2007

Dear All,

In my pursuit to install the plugin to run youtube videos I ended up messing
up firefox on my system.

Now firefox doesn't start on my machine and I get the following error on the
terminal

/opt/firefox/firefox-bin: error while loading shared libraries:
libstdc++.so.5:

I followed the instructions from the following url

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FirefoxPlugins#head-f2cb121435f0562c0fe4cd261d4cfc1d9723ec1e

Rt now i am using iceape but I need mozilla as I am more comfortable with
that. Please help and let me know how I can reinstall firefox. I tried the
same through the Synaptic Package Manager but was not sure what are the
packages to be reinstalled (there are many with mozilla)

Thanks
Rajat