Ubuntu 7.10 (not working on live cd )

Raseel Bhagat raseelbhagat at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 06:51:47 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Dec 30, 2007 10:41 PM, Richard <cms0009 at gmail.com> wrote:

> What the differences between the regular disk and the alternate disk?
> I don't want to install ubuntu as of yet, just checking on compatibility
> issue. (BEFORE) I do install.

The Alternate CD is NOT a Live CD.
It is  a text installer and I would recommend it for advanced linux users

> Next, is there a SMP Version of (K)ubuntu that would run all (of the Q6600
> Processor Cores ?)

Running processes on all processor cores is the job of the kernel.
So, you install Kubuntu and it should generally take care of compiling the
SMP kernel.
Else, you can just download a vanilla kernel from kernel.org and re-compile
it with SMP support.

Thanks,
Raseel
www.opensourcedeal.com