request for addition to repos - - how to make request?

Wulfy wulfmann at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Dec 30 17:37:32 UTC 2007

anthony baldwin wrote:
> Wulfy wrote:
>
>> anthony baldwin wrote:
>>

>>> How do I request such a thing (repo inclusion of OmegaT, Kompozer) ?
>>>

>> There's already a "needs-packaging" for Omega T:
>>
>> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/179263>
>>

> That was me (tonytraductor).
> I submitted it yesterday after vince pointed me in the right direction.

Ah.  Sorry didn't realise that was you.

>> As for Kompozer:
>>
>> wulfy at localhost:~$ apt-cache policy kompozer
>> kompozer:
>>   Installed: (none)
>>   Candidate: 0.7.10-0ubuntu1
>>   Version table:
>>      0.7.10-0ubuntu1 0
>>         500 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com gutsy/universe Packages
>>
>> It's in the universe repository...  :@)
>>

> It's in the gusty repos.
> It's not in Dapper, though.
> I'm trying to build something user-friendly for non-techified
> newbies to use, and want to stick with LTS release material.

I doubt it would be (officially) packaged for Dapper now.  After all,
Hardy Heron will be out in a few months and that will be an LTS
release.  Perhaps the best thing to do is wait a little while  and go
with Hardy.

I try to help where I can.  :@)

--
Blessings