Kubuntu and USB to DSL Modem

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 30 04:18:31 UTC 2007

On 12/29/2007 11:33 AM, Willis wrote:
> I have a 2Wire DSL connection and my wife is on a hpna connector through
> the phone line and my Ubuntu unit is connected to the modem through the
> only RJ-46 connector and my windows/Kubuntu unit is connected via the
> USB connection.  My problem is that I am not hooked up to the network on
> the kubuntu through the USB.  If I boot in the XP it all works
> beautifully.  #What must I do to solve my problem and use the Kubuntu
> via the USB connection or is it even possible?

My "guess" is that you have the homeportal sofware installed on your XP.

<http://support.2wire.com/cgi-bin/twowire.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?p_sid=eronlS9h&p_lva=&p_sp=&p_li=>

<http://support.2wire.com/cgi-bin/twowire.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1247&p_created=1041883571&p_sid=ayolqtUi&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD0yMTImcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1>

There are several 2Wire models - which one do you have?

I'd recommend connecting the windows/kubuntu via the RJ45 ethernet
connection, and if you want to add more ports buy a small 4-5 port
ethernet hub.