request for addition to repos - - how to make request?

anthony baldwin anthony.baldwin01 at comcast.net
Sat Dec 29 22:51:59 UTC 2007

No, OmegaT (http://www.omegat.org) is not in there.

> not sure about omega:
>
> $ aptitude search Omega
> p    | 1:0.90-pa9-13                   | 323kB  | 0  | omega-rpg
> v    | <none>                          |        | 0  | r-omegahat-ggobi
> p    | 2007-12ubuntu3.1                | 2665kB | 0  | texlive-omega
> p    | 1.0.2-1                         | 260kB  | 0  | xapian-omega
>

>> I would also dearly love to see Kompozer (mozilla composer based html
>> editor,
>>

> $ aptitude search Kompozer
> p    | 0.7.10-0ubuntu1                 | 8715kB | 0  | kompozer

Ah well, that doesn't help me, since I am using Dapper, and
want to base my livecd translator distro only on LTS releases.
I'm trying to make something easy for non-techie folks, and I believe
that LTS releases are the best bet.
I've been using linux for 8 years, and I basically stick with LTS releases.
I do have gusty on a partition here, but, I do all of my work on my
dapper partition.

>> but separate from the entire moz-suite)
>> included in our repos.
>> Also the mkremaster command in PCLOS makes the construction of
>> a livecd about as easy as falling of a log.
>>

> http://uck.sourceforge.net/

I looked at that, and from what I can tell, it's for
making a language specific cd.  It didn't look like it
enabled further customization.  I will have to look again.
Also, it's not in the repo...
If our developers are using tools like this to build ubuntu, why don't
they make them available to us users?
That would make sense.
I saw another tool called reconstructor (also not in the repos)
that would do what I want, but when I tried to install it, I ran
into an unment dependency, for a library that also was not in the repos.

Ubuntu is my favorite, but I build what I've made so far on PCFluxboxOS,
(http://wwww.baldwinlinguas.com/linguasos.html),
because it was so easy, a child could do it...
In fact, my 8 year old rolled her after seeing me do it, to take to
her 3rd grade science fair.
(http://www.baldwinlinguas.com/rhifluxos/rhifluxos.html)

Of course, I might just have to learn some more stuff...
Learn don't hurt nothing', and sometimes it's fun.
Linux is fun.

Thanks for your attention.

/tony

--