Enabling Visual Effects

Rick Barry existentialsailor at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 29 18:08:03 UTC 2007

Full install on the hard drive, no other OS's on the
drive. I checked for the ATI restricted driver both
through the terminal and the restricted drivers menu
as Debian suggested. It says it's there and in use.

I tried to run aticonfig, but simply got a listing of
the help file which didn't really mean a lot to me.
Obviously, I'm new to Ubuntu.