Connecting to a Wireless Network in Gutsy

Andrew P. Burgess apb at live.ca
Fri Dec 28 13:54:10 UTC 2007

Hi; I've recently installed Ubuntu as a virtual machine on my laptop, and I am trying to connect to a wireless network. When I first ran the VM, it connected automatically, as I was able to browse, update, etc. Now, it won't connect. I've looked around for help, but can't find anything relevant. Part of the problem is (I think) that Ubuntu isn't seeing my wireless card. When I put "iwconfig" into a terminal, I get this message:

lo        no wireless extensions.

eth0    no wireless extensions.

Can anyone help me? This is my first experience with Linux, so I don't much, but I'm willing to give anything a try!
Thanks,
Andrew