Ubuntu 7.10 on a Laptop slow startup

keithclark1966 at rogers.com keithclark1966 at rogers.com
Thu Dec 27 19:19:59 UTC 2007

Sorry, I found it.

Keith

----- Original Message ----
From: Steve Flynn <anothermindbomb at gmail.com>
To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions" <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2007 1:58:46 PM
Subject: Re: Ubuntu 7.10 on a Laptop slow startup

On Dec 27, 2007 6:35 PM, Keith Clark <keithclark1966 at rogers.com> wrote:
> I seem to be having a really slow startup time when booting Ubuntu
 7.10 on my laptop.  I'm not sure how to go about checking why this is.
  I've run pclos with no issues and it only takes about 30-45 seconds to
 bootup.  Ubuntu takes about 3 minutes.

Quite often slow boots are the symptom of timeouts and DHCP/DNS
lookups from routers when that informations is superfluous.

Before digging into this with any great gusto, you could try
installing bootchart and analysing or posting links to the resulting
png files it produces - these will show you exactly where the delays
are occurring in your machine.

--
Steve
people suffer from a delusion it is called Religion.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: