wireless

John Toliver john.toliver at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 18:47:14 UTC 2007

> First, don't type in all caps.  It's considered screaming.
When he mentioned typing in all caps he was referring to your first email.
"HELLO" is considered shouting  while "hello" is considered speaking at
regular volume digitally speaking :-)

> > Secondly, do you have permission to use your neighbor's network?  If
> not,
> > what you're doing is highly illegal.

While he didn't ask about the legality of connecting through his neighbors
network it is correct that this is illegal. (As a suggestion Don, leave that
detail out if it's not pertinent to the problem you're seeking help on)  To
answer the question you originally asked, I think you might be trying to
enter an ASCII number code in to a box expecting HEX input or vice versa.
You left-click on the wireless icon(I'm assuming you are using gnome, so
correct me if you are not) it will be in the top right on your panel.
Select your network and enter in the key for the type of network used either
WEP or WPA.  The trick here is if you remember how you entered it into the
router.  Try all the options until it works but you either will select an
"ascii"code format or "hex" code format or a WPA passphrase.

Others chime in if I'm missing something.

> ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:

Patience yields far greater results than brute force or rage ever could so
relax......it's just life !!!