should I restore backup? illegal block inode

Aaron soulblade at ntlworld.com
Sun Dec 23 16:05:51 UTC 2007

I sounds like you file system was somehow left in an inconsistent state,
so the windows equivalent of scan disk ran to clear it up.

Inode store information about the files and folders stored on the file
system. For example the size and location of the file and attributes
like who the file is own by and whether its read only and so forth. (I
no expert so take it with a pinch of salt.)

I am not sure what  illegal blocks are so someone with better knowledge
may be able to spread more light on it.

As long as there seems to be no files missing and your laptop is working
fine there should be no reason for concern.