Displaying the cube...

Gerry Freymann lists at interpool.ca
Sun Dec 23 03:05:55 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-12-22 at 21:38 -0500, James Black wrote:

> Gerry Freymann wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 2007-12-22 at 14:31 -0500, James Black wrote:
> >> How do you get the cube to show in Ubuntu GG? i have compiz up and
> >> running. is there a button combo to push? Thanx. -JB
> >>

> > Try pressing CTRL + ALT, click and hold the left mouse button down,
> > move the mouse up/down/left/right...
> >
> > Works best if you have 4 desktops.
>
> Gerry, i just tried this and it didn't work for me. and i have 4
> desktops activated. Is there a certain setting in compiz? because ihave
> the cube activated as well.

 Assuming you have your video drivers installed and they support compiz
correctly, you can go into System > Preferences > Advanced Desktop
Effects settings.

 Under "Desktop" I have the following cube related things checked:

- Desktop Cube, Rotate Cube, Viewpoint Switcher

 Under Effects, the following are checked:

-Cube Reflection, Fading Windows, Wobbly Windows, Water Effect

 I'm new to ubuntu so I'm not sure what all the other stuff does, you'll
have to play!