Problem with Firefox and Java Runtime

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Sat Dec 22 00:40:43 UTC 2007

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 12:32:47 -0500
Stuart Lesnett <stulesnett at cox.net> wrote:

[ top-posted stuff that I've moved to the bottom, where it ought to
be ;-) ]

> On Thu, 2007-12-20 at 23:10 +0000, Sean Rima wrote:
>
> > I use the website http://myspeed.visualware.com/ to check my broadband
> > and it worked ok until recently. Not sure what changed in updates it
> > complains that the java runtime enviroment is not available. I checked
> > the plug in and that is installed. Any ideas where to go with this
> >
> > Sean

> The problem could be because the applications are Windows types from
> what the website stipuates.
>
> Stu

Works fine on Feisty here, with
Java(TM) Plug-in 1.6.0-b105   <<-- that's from about:plugins in Firefox

So... I don't think it's a "Windows only" issue.

Peter

--
"INX Is Not X" based on Ubuntu 7.04 Live CD: http://inx.maincontent.net