AcetoneISO2 - works flawlessly but does not seem to do anything.

Michael R. Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Fri Dec 21 05:22:45 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-12-20 at 20:09 +0000, Ben Edwards wrote:
> I have been trying to use AcetoneISO2 to mount a .bin as a filesystem.
>  I have installed it, done the chmod stuff to fuse and used the GUI to
> mount a coupe of .bin files.  No errors and they are listed in the GUI
> gut how do I access there contents.

I assume this is a bin/cue pairing, right? (that is, you have a .cue and
a .bin). I use the program 'bchunk' to get a proper ISO out of the .bin:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/gutsy/otherosfs/bchunk

sudo apt-get install bchunk
bchunk file.bin file.cue cdimage

If it's a VCD image, then you probably need the vcd tools:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/gutsy/otherosfs/vcdimager

sudo apt-get install vcdimager
vcdxrip -i file.bin

--