swap space

Guillaume silencer at free-4ever.net
Wed Dec 19 16:32:53 UTC 2007

Shane McKinley a écrit :
> I am no expert on swap, but since it is just for temporary storage (like
> RAMDISK) and there should be no problem with this concept.

I'm not sure...

If you use suspend to disk on one of the linux, when you suspend, it
will write all the RAM to the swap for the next boot...

And if you start another linux on your computer.... it may clean up the
swap.... so you will lose all information.... or if this linux also have
suspend to disk, it may start this suspend to disk image with other
software, etc...

So maybe, it can cause some problems.... in particular case....

But it will certainly work perfectly if you don't use suspend to disk...

Regards
Guillaume