Login on LIVE-CD 7.10

Mike McMullin mwmcmlln at mnsi.net
Tue Dec 18 21:57:01 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-18 at 12:18 +0800, Dax Solomon Umaming wrote:

> Mike McMullin wrote:
>

> >   All of the previous incarnations of Ubuntu that I have booted form
> > Live-CD drop me into a usable desktop when fully booted.  I dl'ed
> > burned, and did a media check on the 7.10, tossed it into a system,
> > booted it up and got to a log in screen..  Does anyone know what the
> > user name and password would be for the live cd?
>
> Now this is weird, I've never had to login to a Live CD, and just in case, I
> booted up my desktop with Ubuntu and Kubuntu Gutsy Live CDs, both of them
> didn't have to require me to login. Where'd you get that cd btw?

  From Ubuntu's (first listed) American mirror.  I booted it four times
before it actually dumped me onto a desktop, and then barfed on an
install.  I've reburned the disk and will try it again.  Gotta hand it
to the developers, I'm trying an install on an old HP P2-500 system,
quite quirky hardware, when Ubuntu did come up, it did find everything
and attempted the install, Knoppix, SuSE, and CentOS all barfed locating
the CD-Drive that they booted from, and I had visions of opening up one
of my other boxes to do the install, and then putting the hd back in the
HP box.

 I'd still like to know if there is some kind of profile and password
for the live-cd's desktop, in case I run across this in the future.