forum software

Dax Solomon Umaming knightlust at ubuntu.com
Tue Dec 18 09:29:35 UTC 2007

Luca Ferrari wrote:

> Hi,
> I'd like to use a forum software on one of my ubuntu servers, and I'd like
> to know what is in you opinion the one with the best
> features/compatibility/availability with ubuntu. I'd like also to manage
> file attachments and threads.

phpBB2 is still considered one of the best forum available. Its list of
features would only spam your inbox, so I won't list them down. It's a bit
on the heavy side though, as compared to SMF, but phpBB2 makes up for it by
being reliable and secure. There's a bit of a learning curve though when
administrating it, but you'll get over it in a few hours.

Availability? It's already in the Ubuntu repository, just apt-get it.

--
Dax Solomon Umaming
http://knightlust.com/