Thank you for your answers, that make things a lot clearer for me. I think I never watched the memory before, just watch it today because the computer became slow and unresponsive when the CPU was low. That was certainly due to whatever I was doing a

Ashley Benton meggalen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 21:11:05 UTC 2007

Thank you for your explanation, that makes things a lot clearer for me. I
certainly never watched the memory before but the computer was unresponsive
and the CPU was low, so that made me wonder. I turned it off about 1 hour
and the computer seems to be working like before, no more troubles. As you
say the memory is almost completely used so that was certainly what I was
doing that was causing the trouble.
I was thinking that Linux opened only what it needed while Windows opened
everything and left what was not needed in background so I was surprised by
your answer. Apparently I need to continue to study the system.
Thanks
Meg