Graphic Equalizer

Lorenzo Taylor daxlinux at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 19:12:18 UTC 2007

I believe xmms2 uses a sqlite database for its playlists, but I'm not
sure about the eq support there. I couldn't get it to work. I get my eq
by doing fancy footwork with pulseaudio and the mbeq ladspa plugin, so
really can't help with individual apps. Heck, I can't even get my fancy
footwork to work all the time. It seems there is a bug in pulseaudio
0.9.8's module-ladspa-sink that causes it not to play nicely with
module-suspend-on-idle, but that's a separate issue which I have already
reported to the pulseaudio bts. However, if you can get something like
this to work, it could make your life a lot easier, since you won't be
limited to a particular player other than for your playlist issue. I
only wish there was some kind of GUI to set these equalizer settings
instead of having to put so many numbers in my default.pa. :)

The eq settings for xmms2 are stored in ~/.config/xmms2/xmms2.conf, but
I'm not sure if any of its clients support changing them graphically.
You can try abraca, since it's the most featureful graphical client,
supporting collections and playlists.

HTH,
Lorenzo