bluetooth mouse on Ubuntu

Michael R. Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Fri Dec 14 04:35:48 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 03:02 +0000, Rein Mann wrote:
> Hi,
> I am running Gutsy on a Dell Instpiron 1520.
> Could someone tell me how to get the Dell BT Travel Mouse to work.
> The BT software does not seem to 'see' the mouse.
> There must be a configuration file that has to be edited, but I'm a bit in the
> dark here.

I have a Microsoft bluetooth mouse and keyboard. On Gutsy, all I have to
do to get them to pair and be useful is to go to
System/Preferences/Bluetooth, go to Services, select "Input Service" and
click Add. I move the mouse around a little to get it to broadcast its
signal. Eventually it shows up in the list, and I pair up to it. After
that, I'm set. If it doesn't show up in the list, I close it out, and
try Adding again, possibly pressing the make/break connection button on
the mouse.

mike

--
Michael R. Head <burner at suppressingfire.org>