dvd:rip

jack jdangler at terremark.org
Fri Dec 14 01:33:21 UTC 2007

So, I got everything set up to rip my first dvd using dvd:rip .
I set up the project, picked up all the titles, ripped each one, and
then transcoded them.

Went into DeVeeDe and made the mpg, and then burned the .iso .
I successfully made a copy of a movie I bought about a year ago!

Then I put it in my dvd player - no menus, but the music started, so I
figured I could live without the fancy menus...

Except that the whole movie is in French!
I know that the original menu gives the option of French, Spanish, and
English, but English is the default language for the movie.

Anyone have any enlightenment as to what I did wrong?

When I go into the .vob subdirectories that dvd:rip created, it plays in
English, so it must have been DeVeeDe, although I can't for the life of
me figure out how, since I ripped the whole thing in English (english
audio track selected in dvd:rip).

I also looked at the .avi subdirectories in the dvd:rip project
directory - same, they play in English.

Any help is greatly appreciated.