PDA and Ubuntu 7.04 / 7.10 changes? NOT SOLVED unfortunaly

S. J. van Harmelen svh at dds.nl
Wed Dec 12 07:54:24 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 17:19 -0200, Felipe Figueiredo wrote:
> Em Tuesday 11 December 2007 16:29:38 S. J. van Harmelen escreveu:
> > On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 13:48 -0400, Derek Broughton wrote:
> > >
> > > Well, the _very_ old way was to use /dev/pilot, but as USB has developed
> > > that's become less and less reliable.  You really do need to try setting
> > > the connection to usb:
> >
> > Thanks for your reaction! But as I replied to someone else also, I did
> > not set any connection. I will repost my answer here for your
> > information:
>
> SJ, the fact you didn't manually configure it, doesn't mean there's not a
> configuration in place. You should really try to look up for a port
> configuration and use the _new_ method, I and Derek described.
>
> Nevertheless, if you insist on using the old method (or the client doesn't
> support the new one), you should load the 'visor' module.
>
> sudo modprobe visor

I tried this just now, but without any luck :( Can you think of anything
else that has to be done or could be done to get this working?

I notice that on both Ubuntu 7.04 and 7.10 the /dev/pilot device is not
present. Only the ttyUSB0 device gets created. And on 7.04 this seems to
be enough to get the IPAQ connected to the Citrix client. So there seems
no need for the /dev/pilot device.

How can I tell which device the Citrix client uses for sure? Any way to
tell from a runnning client? As far as I can tell it only uses the
ttyUSB0 device...

Any other things I can look at?

Thanks,

Sander