Move Home to 2nd drive

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 12 03:45:57 UTC 2007

Working on upgrading an very old system with a small hard drives. I did
an upgrade from Feisty to Gusty. Prior to the upgrade the 1st (6Gb)
drive had 2.2Gb free space on it. Afterwards it only has 1GB left (and
that includes after removing fonts that I don't use, apt-get autoclean,
apt-get autoremove, etc., etc.), so I added a second hard 7Gb hard drive.

Second drive is in and working fine (ext3), now I'd like to move the
Home directory to the 2nd hard drive so that I can free up space on the
first drive. Any quick/easy command line suggestions on how to do this?

Note: The original home directory only has about 1G of data on it and
has been backed up to one of my other systems, so even if something
craps I can easily reinstall if necessary.