Bug: enabling 'cups-lpd' results in frezing of Gusty

Alex Janssen alex at ourwoods.org
Tue Dec 11 03:25:20 UTC 2007

Alex Janssen said the following on 11/26/2007 10:54 PM:
> Ingo Steiner said the following on 11/11/2007 07:09 AM:
>
>> I have already filed a bug-report in Launchpad, but it is still ignored:
>>
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/159260
>>
>> I had to downgrade to Feisty again, to be able to print out of a
>> Parallels-VM via 'cups-lpd'
>>

> I know your post is old, but I just saw it.
>
> Did you get it working?
> I installed xinetd as suggested in the man page for cups-lpd.  I added
> the only_from = ipaddress parameter.  cups-lpd loads and takes print
> jobs this way.
>
> I'm having trouble with a header printing, even on a raw queue printer,
> which isn't supposed to happen.
>
> Alex

Well, I found the solution to my problem.  Just thought it might be
useful to someone else.  I really feel like slapping myself.  I thought
the default mode for lp was NoBanner.  But, nooooo.  The -onobanner
option to lp on the sending end fixed the problem.  Now I've got SCO
printing on a Linux printer shared via CUPS!  I've got to go calm down.
Whew!

--
Ourwoods.org
 Man who smoke pot choke on handle. - Uncle Chu (261)