newbie: help needed with playing dvd's

Caleb Marcus caleb.marcus at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 02:56:46 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 12:43 +1000, James Takac wrote:

> > He's already got that, I had him install it. Somehow it didn't help... I
> > told him to try VLC instead.
>

> Hi Caleb
>
> Likely the prog in Q is trying to libdvdread3 instead
>
> James

If libdvdread3 wasn't installed when he ran my command
( sudo /usr/share/doc/libdvdread3/install-css.sh ) then the command
wouldn't have worked... he said that the command didn't help, but not
that it gave him an error, so I'm guessing that that's not the issue. To
the OP: If you DID receive an error when trying to run my command,
please install libdvdread3 ( sudo aptitude install libdvdread3 ) and try
again.