Same result

Wulfy wulfmann at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Dec 9 22:22:34 UTC 2007

Willis wrote:
> /usr/local/apps/esword4ubuntu is correct. I've gone into root and
> checked the permissions at that location by right clicking on the
> e-Sword executable but everything I set it to it remains the same for
> the user account, no access to the program. I went into usersand groups
> but no matter how I set them the program is only usable in the root
> account. It's a little tough to figure and I'm sure there must be an
> easy answer.
>
> The history is that before anyone told me to not operate from the root
> on a daily basis I installed the e-sword program. I have since
> uninstalled using Synaptic and reinstalled from the user account but to
> no avail. Each time the utility is only available from the root account.
> The Launcher is available in the yser account but it will not run the
> program.

If it really needs to be owned by root, then I would create a group
"bible" and add all the users who will be using the program to it.  Then
change the ownership of the file to root:bible.  If the permissions
allow the group members to run the program (77x), it should work.  You
may need to change the attributes of the folder as well.

I hope this helps.

--
Blessings

Wulfmann