about login msg & screen brightness

winter winter_kf at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 9 02:56:37 UTC 2007

Hi,

got 2 questions rearding my newly installed ubuntu 7.10 on  toshiba laptop with 1.6G processor, 64MB nvidia graphic crd & 1 G RAM.

1) every time after i login using the root a/c, a prompt came out saying: this session is running as privilaged user ....... and ask me if i want to continue/ quit. Anyone know how do i get rid of this annoying dialog box?

2) Is it any supported program that can let the user adjust the brightness of the screen? i try to install  the nvidia-setting but it conflicked with other nvidia program....

Thanks in advance to anyone  who can help.

cheers,
winter.