Installing Ubuntu 7.10 server via serial terminal

Dave dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Sat Dec 8 21:02:28 UTC 2007

Hello,
    I've been over the Ubuntu docs and googled, but i haven't been able to
find this. I've got a box i want to put Ubuntu 7.10 server on, it does not
have a monitor or keyboard on it as they are not needed and it's currently
not possible to plug one in. What i'd like to do is put in a bootable ubuntu
7.10 CD and install via a serial terminal, that is another box with a
keyboard and monitor connected to the headless machine via a nullmodem
serial cable. Is this doable? If not with the standard 7.10 server CD is it
doable if i remaster the disk and create a custom one?
Thanks.
Dave.