Nvidia help

Aart Koelewijn aart at mtack.xs4all.nl
Sat Dec 8 19:37:03 UTC 2007

Op za, 08-12-2007 te 10:29 -0800, schreef Michael Atkinson:
> I was wondering if somebody could help me set up my nvidia drivers, I
> had them installed once and running perfectly on ubuntu gutsy, but I
> reformatted and reinstalled gutsy then I tried reinstalling the
> drivers and now it doesn't work right. any help is appreciated

Hello Michael,

I could only get the nvidia drivers working more or less if I put
"acpi=off pci=biosirq" in the boot line from grub. Even then a lot off
things didn't work (sound, battery level a.o.). So I switched back to
the old Fiesty kernel and nvidia drivers (everything else is Gutsy).
With that kernel and drivers it works ok.

Aart