Integrated mail

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 8 02:50:37 UTC 2007

On 12/07/2007 06:30 PM, John Dangler wrote:
> Apparently evo has just too many issues with ubu to be a viable
> business product - after a little research I found seamonkey.  Anyone
> tried this ? I need to connect to exchange and AD at work, as well as
> other email and news, some irc channels, and the calendar both
> personal and at work. Is seamonkey stable and robust enough to handle
> these features ? Jack - BB

If you look at my headers...

===
SeaMonkey 1.1.7

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071128 NOT
Firefox/2.0 SeaMonkey/1.1.7
====

SeaMonkey works just fine and is what I use daily. If you'd like the
Ubuntu'ized/Debian version just install IceApe from the repos.

I've not tried or had any reason to test with exchange and AD etc.  You
might want to add the news.mozilla.support.seamonkey newsgroup:

Edit|Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings|Add Account

Account Name: news.mozilla.org
Your Name:
Email Address:
Server Settings
 Server Name: news.mozilla.org
etc., etc.

That will get you hooked up to the SeaMonkey support group where you can
ask your questions regarding exchange etc. If you right-click on the
news.mozilla.org group you will find mozilla.support.calendar as well.