Gutsy speed

Leo Cacciari leo.cacciari at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 08:31:37 UTC 2007

Il giorno ven, 07/12/2007 alle 00.01 +0100, Loïc Martin ha scritto:
> Mario Vukelic a écrit :
> > On Thu, 2007-12-06 at 23:17 +0100, Loïc Martin wrote:
> >> And when
> >> somebody is on the phone and I need to start the computer to give them
> >> an answer, I'm not so happy having to explain the 1'50 boot + 15sec to
> >> desktop + 5 sec Nautilus boot + 10 sec OOfice startup are due to me
> >> using Ubuntu and not a decent distro or Windows XP.
> >
> > Try to analyze it with bootchart. A 1'50 boot to gdm is certainly not
> > normal. http://packages.ubuntu.com/gutsy/admin/bootchart
> >
> Did it for feisty, but without any real improvement, because I need most
> of the services (deactivating bluetooth doesn't brush off much time :) )
> and I don't want to risk breaking what already easily broke by itself.

Hi,
  as people keep telling you, this is not normal :) (e.g, it takes less
than one minute for my laptop to boot, and it's no where near top
quality) maybe you could try bootchart and post the resulting image
somewhere people could look at it, this could allow someone to
understand _where_ the problem is.

--
Leo "TheHobbit" Cacciari