Gutsy speed

Loïc Martin loic.martin3 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 22:17:07 UTC 2007

Bruce Marshall a écrit :
> On Thursday 06 December 2007, Stefano Menegazzi wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> i was wondering about incresing ubuntu boot speed...
>> right now it takes much time to get ready, is there any
>> trick to make it faster?
>
> Can I ask why you are booting so much that it would really make a difference?

Gutsy broke hibernate/suspend both on my laptop and my desktop, and I
don't like to leave them on all day for the same reasons I wouldn't like
driving a SUV.

With an average of 15 boots a days, 1' saved off a 1'50 boot would mean
15 mn of free time everyday (you can do a lot in 15 mn). And when
somebody is on the phone and I need to start the computer to give them
an answer, I'm not so happy having to explain the 1'50 boot + 15sec to
desktop + 5 sec Nautilus boot + 10 sec OOfice startup are due to me
using Ubuntu and not a decent distro or Windows XP.

:)