wireless headset for ubuntu ?

Davide Corio davide.corio at domsense.com
Thu Dec 6 12:25:38 UTC 2007

Il giorno gio, 06/12/2007 alle 13.03 +0100, Lilian Dauzat ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for an ubuntu compatible wireless headset which I can use
> for VoIP. There is a lot of them for both windows and MacOS which
> embbed a USB audio card + wireless emitter/transmitter.
>
> Are you able to give me some advise on that point ?

I think that every USB model should work fine on Ubuntu.
I used a lot of Plantronics USB headsets and also Nokia bluetooth
headsets succesfully with Debian and Ubuntu.

USB models are recognized by the sistem like normal soundcards.
For bluetooth headsets, you have to use the btsco driver (there is also
a GUI for the configuration)

regards
--
Davide Corio