mp3gain

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Thu Dec 6 11:36:23 UTC 2007

On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 11:42:05 +0100
Jonathan Kaye <jdkaye10 at yahoo.es> wrote:

> > I am running Ubuntu 7.40 and have installed mp3gain.  I also have
> > installed libc6 >= 2.5-Oubuntu1 which is required for it.  I cannot get
> > mp3gain to run.  I have used it in Windows and love it.  I also have it
> > installed and running on my Mac but it will not run in Ubuntu.  I do not
> > use Windows anymore.  I can't stand its crashing.
> Hi Robert,
> You might try compiling mp3gain yourself. At worst you will get more
> information about what the problem is. I just compiled it myself and it
> works with no problems.

As I said in an earlier post, I simply installed mp3gain with apt-get.
There was no problem, and it appears to run fine ( Ubuntu 7.04)

While compiling would be fairly simple, given that it requires only
libc6-dev, I can't really see the need.

In other words, I suspect the problem has nothing to do with the Ubuntu
version of the mp3gain package. There are 6 bugs against mp3gain reported
on launchpad.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mp3gain/+bug/116036

Is the only confirmed one. Perhaps the OP should check against those bugs
and see if any of them parallel his problem?

Peter

--
"INX Is Not X" based on Ubuntu 7.04 Live CD: http://inx.maincontent.net