How do we get out / rid of initramfs ???

JD. Brown brownstixzz at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 06:06:12 UTC 2007

On Dec 1, 2007 8:55 AM, SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux <i-ubux at synass.net> wrote:

> Hello
> Frustrated struggling with installing Ubuntu 7.10 on a friends notebook:
> How do we get out / rid of this initramfs ???
>
> We already tried installing near a dozen time with the 2 desktop
> versions (32bit & 64bit) !!
>
> As newbie/s we have absolutely no idea ;-O
>
> Pls help ;-)
>
> TQ, svobi

In order to get rid of it due to some weird boot behavior with initramfs and
hard drive name scheming; You will have to follow this how to provided
below, because Ubuntu, unlike Debian, does not provide the selection to
install Yaird during setup.

I have had this pita problem on some laptops and I feel your pain. Follow
these instructions and you will be good to go.

Link: http://www200.pair.com/mecham/spam/waiting_for_root_file_system.html

Regards,
--
JD. Brown