Install?

Willis gods-servant at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 1 16:41:59 UTC 2007

Richard Bennett wrote:

> There's no such thing, you just have a choice.
> First thing to do is check the documentation.
> In the 'System' menu select 'Help and Support'
> then type 'tar' into the search box and hit enter. The first result
> explains various ways of installing programs from tar or deb files.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Richard

Thank you Richard.  I find myself in the position that I climbed out of
in the seventies and it is my own fault.  I fell into the MS camp and I
became entirely to comfortable there, and as the person so many look to
for system advise and have their computers built by, I find my ignorance
of Linux inexcusable but my own lazy fault.

Yes, that will help.