7.07 Boot Failure (GRUB?)
henkpm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 22:57:48 UTC 2007
On 8/30/07, melissa <melissad at speakeasy.net> wrote:
> Screen Messages:
> GRUB 1.5
> GRUB LOADING
> Starting Up
> Never progresses past this point.
To get more information, please
* turn on the pc,
* press 'ESC' to get into the grub menu,
* then press 'e' on the default boot profile.
* Scroll down through the list of instructions 'root', 'kernel', etc and
* for all lines, press 'e',
* remove all occurences of 'quiet'
* and change 'splash' to 'nosplash'
* press 'enter' to go back to the listing of options.
* When you're done editing all lines, press 'b' to boot.
You should now see a verbose list of things happening while your pc is
booting and see which item stops the boot process, and then post the
results to the list.
More information about the ubuntu-users