Oo bugs in Feisty

jack jdangler at terremark.com
Fri Aug 31 02:28:31 UTC 2007

I sent a msg to the list, but I can't seem to find it...
Oo is seriously borking all of a sudden...

I did find a couple of references in launchpad that mentioned
re-installing this.  To that end, I open a shell window and type
(sudo) apt-get -s install Openoffice*
The response is (as you may guess) a long list.  However, this list is
actually an exhaustive list of every possible openoffice package in the
repo's... _including_ what I already have installed with the base
kubuntu 7.04 ...

I'm not sure why this is, but -

What I'm thinking here is to output the command above into a text file,
and then trim that list to the elements that I *need*, which would be
Word Processor, Presenatation, Spreadsheet, Database (Kexi).

There are so many auxiliary packages mentioned, that I'm not sure of all
that I will need.  Does anyone have a better suggestion as to how to go
about this?  (I could go to OO.org and d/l and compile this, but I want
to also know which packages I'm installing instead of just trusting what
is installed, if that makes sense)...

Any input is appreciated...