How to avoid the Apple tax?

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Thu Aug 30 12:32:56 UTC 2007

Steve Lamb wrote:

> Derek Broughton wrote:
>> The difference is simple.  Apple makes hardware.  Microsoft doesn't.
>> It's perfectly acceptable (and proper) to provide the software to make
>> hardware
>> work.  Microsoft, however, forces vendors to package Windows with their
>> own
>> hardware.  That's an illegal business practice, and many courts have told
>> them so.
>
>   Then the courts should tell Apple the same thing.  And you should
>   stop repeating falsehoods.  From
<http://www.apple.com/macpro/specs.html>:

Excuse me, the only falsehoods here are from people who know nothing about
law or manufacturing.  Apple is _still_ a hardware maker.  How has their
status as a manufacturer changed by moving from a Motorola based platform
to an Intel one?

It's fine to disagree, but calling me a liar is beyond the pale.
<plonk>
--
derek