Remote Operation

Pete Holsberg pjh42 at pobox.com
Wed Aug 29 23:51:07 UTC 2007

Michael R. Head keyed the following on 8/29/2007 6:09 PM:
> On Wed, 2007-08-29 at 16:25 -0400, Pete Holsberg wrote:
>> I'm looking for a program that will allow me to log in to computer A
>> from computer B, and not only operate A but also transfer files,
>> preferably in both directions.
>>
>> 1) A is a Xubuntu PC; B is a Win XP Pro PC
>
> Install the ssh-server on A.
>
> Install putty and winscp on B.

So, putty for controlling A from B and winscp to transfer files? Just
tried Win SCP -- WONDERFUL!!! Just what I was looking for.

>> 2) A is a Win machine; B is the linux box
>
> Share your files via windows networking on A
>
> Browse your windows network neighborhood on B to find the shared files.

But that won't let me control B from A.

Thanks.

--
Pete Holsberg
Columbus, NJ

Only a mediocre person is always at his best...
-- W. Somerset Maugham