SATA probe problem

Romain Kang romain at kzsu.stanford.edu
Tue Aug 28 14:46:29 UTC 2007

Problem solved through the BIOS settings.

Under "Integrated Peripherals" -> "MCP Storage Config", there is a
SATA Operation Mode selector.  "IDE" was the initial unreliable
mode.  There was also "RAID", "AHCI", and "Linux AHCI".  I switched
to "Linux AHCI" and everything has been fine since.

Thanks,
Romain