How do you file a bug against a package that doesn't appear on Launchpad?

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Mon Aug 27 20:11:59 UTC 2007

Luca Dionisi said...
> On 8/27/07, marc <gmane at auxbuss.com> wrote:
> >
> > I want to file a bug against the vmware-server package, which doesn't
> > appear on Launchpad. What is the process to have it added?
>
> Launchpad is just a service that an application developer (or a team)
> might use to track bugs.
> If vmware developers don't use it (this could be why there isn't)
> then search the vmware site for the right way to file the bugs.

Fair enough, but it's the Ubuntu package that fails from the commercial
repo.

Are you saying that the Ubuntu team (Canonical, I guess) are not
interested in problems with their packages? That would seem odd. But I
don't know the process in this situation and I'd like to understand what
it is.

I'm genuinely flummoxed - as, it appears, is everyone else here - about
what the procedure is in this case.

--
Cheers,
Marc