Accessing Windows files

Scott slewin at rogers.com
Sun Aug 26 13:20:26 UTC 2007

Mario Vukelic wrote:
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MountingWindowsPartitions
This is a great wiki page that describes how to get NTFS read support
very easily and quickly.

>> I have googled and found this software
>> (http://www.fs-driver.org/download.htm  but the link is dead.Is there
>> any other options?.
>
> This is the "Ext2 Installable File System For Windows", with which you
> can access linux partitions (more specifically, ext2 and ext3
> filesystems) from Windows, not the other way around. The site is here:
> http://www.fs-driver.org/
The fs-driver for windows is extremely unreliable and I always suggest
against using it.  It haves several problems the largest being that it
may destroy your Linux installation.  I had to re-install Kubuntu on two
computers because both had the fs-driver for windows.

--
Your friend,
Scott

Sent to you from a Linux computer using Ubuntu Version 7.04 (Feisty Fawn)